07 June 2014

Review: Wings Edinburgh!

Do you like chicken? Do you like good banter? Have you been to Wings? I'm actually reluctant to blog about Wings because it's so damn good, and always so damn busy already!! However, it deserves a little review.

*5/7 Old Fishmarket Close, Edinburgh

My first trip to Wings was last year when it was a little secret in the bottom of a Mexican restaurant in Victoria Street, my friends husbands mate from school set it up after a trip to Canada (I think it was Canada...) anyway, I'm not the hugest fan of chicken on the bone, or rather I wasn't. Until Wings. 


Wings come in sooooo many different sauces & dry rubs, with so many brilliant names, and you can't have Wings without some chips or strips for dipping, and £2.50 bottles of Corona. (Don't ask for juice - you'll be laughed at!) Wings also do a 'Suicide Challenge' now I LOVE hot food, I LOVE Franks hot sauce which they use BUT - I'm not brave enough. The warning that comes with the challenge is enough to make me not want to attempt - and with only 100/399 completing it, it sort of speaks for itself. 


I have to say, I tend to go for the same sauces when I order - I'm not a huge fan of the dry rubs - usually 3/4 per person (if you want to share) are sufficient, and it's about 6 Wings per bowl. My picks would be: 

  • Tiger Sauce/Taps Aff/SaberTooth! - All three are spicy, just depends how brave you're feeling that day 
  • No Big Dill - Caesar sauce with dill, great for cooling off after a hotter sauce 
  • Chalapeno - cheese sauce with jalapenos - two of my favorite things
Jamie on the other hand prefers the BBQ ones, and a couple of the hot. Jamayacain me crazy is pretty good tho.

Now Wings isn't classy, it's paper plates & napkins, it's messy, it's throwing your bones in a bucket, it's brilliant!! It's also full of brilliantly-crazy staff and weird & wonderful decoré!